In the deli at the moment we have amazing leafy beetroot and heritage carrots so this recipe is ideal for making the most of these lovely root veggies.
You will need:
1 bunch of beetroots (roughly 4 large heads); cut into wedges
1 bunch of carrots (6 or 7 medium carrots); cut in half
2 red peppers
1 tablespoon tahini
1 teaspoon smokey paprika
1. Turn the oven on to 200 degrees; place the carrot and beetroot on a baking tray. Toss in oil and salt, put in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes until roasted
2. Put the peppers in whole into the oven and roast for 15 minutes until charred. Once cooked, remove the stalks and seeds
3. In a pan add lentils and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until al dente.
4. In a blender add garlic and blend until fine. Add the paprika, salt, tahini and red pepper. Blend until smooth, add some water to thin it to a dressing consistency.
5. In a bowl combine the lentils, roasted carrots, beetroot and rocket
6. Plate into a salad bowl, drizzling the dressing in layers through the vegetables.