Beetroot and Carrot Salad
In the deli at the moment we have amazing leafy beetroot and heritage carrots so this recipe is ideal for making the most of these lovely root veggies.
You will need:
1 bunch of beetroots (roughly 4 large heads); cut into wedges
1 bunch of carrots (6 or 7 medium carrots); cut in half
2 red peppers
1 tablespoon tahini
1 teaspoon smokey paprika
1. Turn the oven on to 200 degrees; place the carrot and beetroot on a baking tray. Toss in oil and salt, put in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes until roasted
2. Put the peppers in whole into the oven and roast for 15 minutes until charred. Once cooked, remove the stalks and seeds
3. In a pan add lentils and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until al dente.
4. In a blender add garlic and blend until fine. Add the paprika, salt, tahini and red pepper. Blend until smooth, add some water to thin it to a dressing consistency.
5. In a bowl combine the lentils, roasted carrots, beetroot and rocket
6. Plate into a salad bowl, drizzling the dressing in layers through the vegetables.