Heritage carrots, mushroom + tamari dressing
Heritage carrots are in season and the flavour is noticeably different. This is a nutty, sweet and warming salad perfect to serve warm.
1 bunch heritage carrots, sliced into mouthsized chunks
250g mushrooms, sliced
150g cavolo nero, cut into 3 inch chunks
1 handful chervil or parsley
For the dressing
1 garlic clove
30ml olive oil
salt to taste
- Place the carrots in a roasting tray with salt and oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan to the boil with a pinch of salt, add the quinoa and cook for 12 - 15 minutes, until you see it pop.
- Place the cavolo and walnuts on a tray and roast for 10 minutes until crispy.
- For the mushrooms, heat a frying pan with oil, pan fry for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- To make the dressing, blend the garlic, salt, agave, tamari and oil together until it thickens.
- Roughly chop the chervil and add to a large mixing bowl. Place all the other ingredients in, mix everything together and drizzle the dressing through.